20 November 2011

A Note from My Niece

My sister-in-law brought my niece and nephew over for a visit tonight, which was nice. We played Wii Sports for a while, combined laser pointers and catnip with the kitty cats and generally joked and teased our way through a couple of hours. At one point, my niece went into the office and wrote out a note for me. She insisted I not read it until she had left, which I honored. I read it as soon as the door was closed, however! I was instantly touched and because this blog is my blog, for me, I wanted to archive it here.
I love
you
uncle travis
and I
miss you
so much

Love,
Mashalia

Yeah, I got choked up. Verklempt, as Linda Richman would say. When a child writes something like that about you, you know you've done something right along the way.

6 comments:

  1. Yep. They don't lie with their hearts, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have her spend the night with me Tuesday (and her brother on Wednesday). She has apparently still not seen The Princess Bride. I'm looking forward to introducing her to that work of magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, Travis :)

    I know it means so much when they express their love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the highlight of my month by far, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids are sincere. Unlike adults, they don't know how to fake emotion. They like what they like. The Princess Bride is an all time favorite. Enjoy your time sharing such an awesome film.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah. It's good to be on the "like" list! I'm really looking forward to sharing The Princess Bride with her. It seems like something a good uncle should do, right?

    ReplyDelete