20 October 2011

The Totally Rad Death of Gaddafi

A month ago, I would have had all kinds of things to say about the death today of deposed despot Muammar Gaddafi, but being removed from such topics of late as I have been I really hadn't intended to discuss it at all.  "Good for the people of Libya," "Sign of the times," etc.; the typical cliches that have already become tiresome. Then I checked my blog stats for today, as I am wont to do (partially because I'm narcissistic and partially so I know what topics seem to be more popular).  Lo and behold, today's page views have already exceeded 200 (high for this little blog) and most of them were generated by searches related to Gaddafi.  I had rather hoped my sub-series on depression was really taking off, but that's okay.  I was just about to leave the stats page when something caught my eye at the very bottom.
That's a combined six(!) page views generated by searching for the combination of "Gaddafi" and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."  If I was Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the word "cowabunga" would make me jumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment