29 October 2011

A Tale of Two Trick-or-Treaters

1982, barely a month before my fourth birthday.  Trick-or-Treating at the Louisville Zoo, I'm posed with...Santa Claus?  Does this make any f'n sense to anyone?  Me, neither.  But it does explain why I've always wanted to dress as Santa for Halloween and confuse the hell out of young children.  I should discuss this in my forthcoming therapy session.
Santa Claus and a confused me as Snoopy
Meanwhile, decades earlier, another little boy dressed as a pirate for Halloween.  He grew up to become the 44th President of the United States.  I suspect no one dressed as Santa Claus to confuse him as a child.
Barack Obama as a Pirate and his mother

4 comments:

  1. How in the heck did you find that pic of Obama, Travis? Is it a common one? I'm loving the pic with Santa, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could remember where I found it, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only he didn't toe the RIAA/MPAA-line now! Maybe it's not too late for him to go back to his pirate roots!

    - Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the very least, who among us wouldn't want to hear him slip an "Argh" or "booty" into an address?

    ReplyDelete