10 September 2011

In Which I Say Nothing About 9/11

Craig Ferguson offers some solid advice to consider before speaking.  Ask yourself, he suggests, "Does this need to be said?  Does this need to be said by me?  Does this need to be said by me now?"  As I ponder the tenth anniversary of the attacks that changed our society--and the world in which we live--I can say with certainty that something needs to be said, but I can't say that it needs to be said by me, now or any other time.  So I'm going to do what I wish a lot of people would do and that's say nothing.  It doesn't mean I don't care or that I'm not reflecting, or anything other than that there's nothing that needs to be said by me about this now.

2 comments:

  1. Becky Connell9/23/2011 8:02 AM

    Definitely a time adn place for both, dignity and grace help alot in the decipher of this riddle for all of mankind to grasp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was stoned, you'd have just blown my mind.

    ReplyDelete