27 December 2010

2010 Year-End Purge: Music

Every year since childhood I've had a compulsion to go through my things and part ways with less used items.  This, of course, began as I would make room for new toys in my toy box but it's a habit I've maintained even now that I'm no longer receiving gifts.  I started late last night with my CDs.  I have several discs set aside right now, including 17 from my George Strait library.  I began building it in 1997, when a friend introduced me to Strait's Carrying Your Love with Me album and challenged me to complete his discography.  I did, and have kept it up to date ever since.  The time has come, though, for me to dismantle it.  Most of the content that really interests me from his first 15 albums is present on the Strait Out of the Box box set or the more recent 50 Number Ones 2-disc collection (supplemented with the 22 More Hits set).  I'm not finished purging yet, but here's the current breakdown:

  • Trace Adkins - Greatest Hits Collection, Vol. I
  • Sheryl Crow - C'mon, C'mon
  • Sheryl Crow - The Globe Sessions
  • Sheryl Crow - Sheryl Crow
  • Sheryl Crow - Tuesday Night Music Club
  • 4 Non Blondes - Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
  • Goombay Dance Band - Caribbean Beach Party
  • Alan Jackson - Good Time
  • Alan Jackson - Here in the Real World
  • Alan Jackson - A Lot about Livin' (And a Little 'Bout Love)
  • Alan Jackson - Under the Influence
  • Toby Keith - Blue Moon
  • Toby Keith - Honkytonk University
  • Toby Keith - White Trash with Money [Best Buy exclusive with bonus DVD]
  • Chris LeDoux - 20 Originals: The Early Years
  • Shelby Lynne - I Am Shelby Lynne
  • Martina McBride - Waking Up Laughing
  • Willie Nelson - Country Favorites - Willie Nelson Style
  • LeAnn Rimes - This Woman
  • George Strait - The Big One [promotional single]
  • George Strait - Chill of an Early Fall
  • George Strait - Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind
  • George Strait - Greatest Hits
  • George Strait - Greatest Hits, Volume Two
  • George Strait - Holding My Own
  • George Strait - If You Ain't Lovin' (You Ain't Livin')
  • George Strait - If You Can Do Anything Else [promotional single]
  • George Strait - On the Road with the George Strait Country Music Festival [5 track promo EP]
  • George Strait - Right or Wrong
  • George Strait - Something Special
  • George Strait - Strait Country
  • George Strait - Strait from the Heart
  • George Strait - Ten Strait Hits
  • George Strait - #7
  • George Strait - 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection
  • Travis Tritt - Down the Road I Go
  • Keith Urban - keith urban
  • Keith Urban - love, pain and the whole crazy thing
  • Hank Williams, Jr. - 127 Rose Avenue
  • Lee Ann Womack - There's More Where That Came From
  • Dwight Yoakam - Buenas Noches from a Lonely Room

Next up will be books.  This is always a difficult task for me because I know deep down how unlikely it is that I will ever re-read a book.  I should simply box up every book I've ever read and not look back, but there's a part of me that likes having them around to lend to friends or to be able to reference when composing a blog entry and I spontaneously think of a passage I want to quote.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment