27 December 2010

2010 Year-End Purge: Books

The purge continues.  Strange as it is, more of the books to fall under the ax right now are ones I haven't read.  In most instances, I came upon them by happenstance and they were impulse buys aided and abetted by being dirt cheap.  For instance, I bought Cold Mountain in hardback for a quarter from the library.  I tried opening it three different times in the two years since I bought it and the truth is I just can't get into it.  Away it goes!  Here's what's going with it:

Don't Stand Too Close to a Naked Man by Tim Allen
The Supergirl Storybook by Wendy Andrews
Books That Changed the World by Robert B. Downs (paperback)
Fair Ball by Bob Costas
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Triangle: Imzadi II by Peter David
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
Cold Fall by John Gardner (audiobook on cassette)
Seuss-isms by Theodore Geisel (writing as Dr. Seuss)
The Official 1983 Price Guide to Comic Books published by The House of Collectibles
Baseball, I Gave You the Best Years of My Life edited by Kevin Kerrane & Richard Grossinger (paperback)
Star Wars: Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno (paperback)
The Klingon Dictionary by Marc Okrand (paperback)
Puerto Vallarta Squeeze by Robert James Waller (read in Las Vegas, January 2003)
Star Wars: Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn (paperback)

I'd add to the pile, except I can't reach the balance of my paperbacks because they're behind the stupid Christmas tree that I will be only too happy to bring down.

No comments:

Post a Comment