30 August 2010

Sketch: Batman & Catwoman

Ah, the relationship between Batman and Catwoman.  Sometimes adversarial; sometimes laced with tension of another sort.  This is a montage I did sometime in, oh, '95 or '96, I guess.  I can't tell you now which artists I ripped off (if anyone can identify the source material, I would love to be able to give proper credit here).

The shot of Batman in Catwoman's window was entirely my own.  You can tell, because it looks much more primitive than the other two components!  I have no idea why Catwoman would be lying in costume on her bed, and I have no defense for why Batman would be such a creepy stalker.

Batman and Catwoman by ~minlshaw on deviantART

3 comments:

  1. Travis, I am not a comic girl but your sketches are really great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very kind of you to say, Shawnee. If you want to see some much better work, check out my friend Chad's blog: http://sketchdumpster.blogspot.com He does archaeological work so he's often in the field and unable to upload scans, but he really does have the talent and honed skills to be a professional artist. The dude astounds me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travis, I am not a comic girl but your sketches are really great! :)

    ReplyDelete