- I want to clear 10k printed book pages, independent of graphic novel pages, this year. I don't know why this is something I wish to accomplish; only that I do.
- It will be bittersweet, but I will at some point read Ian Fleming's Octopussy and The Living Daylights, ending his James Bond series for me after more than a decade of permitting myself one volume annually.
- Continue with Edgar Rice Burroughs's Barsoom and Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series. I may not stretch them out the way I did with the Fleming's Bond, but I'm also conscious of rushing through them and having none to enjoy later.
- Finish the year with Alec Guinness's final work, A Positively Final Appearance. I've enjoyed reading his previous volumes each of the last Decembers. He can be a tad snobbish, but it comes easy to read such reflective writings at the end of a year.
- Screenplays. I've read a few, and I rather enjoy that...medium? style? Whatever it is, there's something unique about reading them. I really enjoyed reading Eyes Wide Shut and Bubba Ho-Tep, each of which included the original source material along with the adapted screenplay.
That's it for now. What about those remaining five objectives from last year? Well, if you really must know, I suspect I didn't get to them because my interest waned over the course of the year. I'm sure I'll get to them at some point or another, but for now I am content not to formalize them a second time.