01 September 2009

iTunes - August 2009

139 songs, 8:59:48 total time for August 2009. What? 139 songs in all of August? But...but...how?! Oh, right. I played CD's again for the first time in a long time. You might remember those; they're the little round things that file-sharers used to copy music from so they could share it online. For starters, I must've played George Strait's Twang album three times within a day of buying it. You may recall my exploration of music via free digital samplers from Amazon, and I burnt many of those to CD and played them that way (I love the Far Out Recordings: Brazilian Sampler!) Also, I was busy working on some mix discs and I decided to burn them and then play them back, rather than playing the mix on my iPod. Mostly, this was because I planned on playing them in the car. So, even though my iTunes Library counts are minimal, I did actually play quite a bit of music in this eighth month. So, what got more than one play?
  • Eternal Baroque, Various Artists [free Amazon digital sampler] (5)
  • Spa Moments Playlist, Mark Baldwin & David Huff [free digital sampler] (5)*
  • "Violin Concerto No. 1 in A Minor, BWV 1041: I. (Allegro Moderato)," Julia Fischer & Academy of St. Martin in the Fields (3)
  • "The Four Seasons: Concerto in E Major, Op. 8/1, RV 269 - 'Spring': II. Largo," Lara St. John, The Simon Bolivar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela & Eduardo Marturet (3)
  • "Lullaby," honeyhoney (2)
That's it. Other music played in August included: Music from the MGM Motion Picture "The Thomas Crown Affair" by Various Artists, The Funky Headhunter by Hammer, Honky Tonk Heroes by Waylon Jennings, Tuff Gong Worldwide Sampler by Various Artists, Romantic Moments Digital Sampler by Various Artists, Set This Circus Down by Tim McGraw, Teatro by Willie Nelson and not a whole lot more, really.

1 comment:

  1. Can't go wrong with Bach and Vivaldi. Talk about going Baroque!

    ReplyDelete