03 March 2009

Passionate Maverick No More!

When I first submitted my list of top ten favorite films to get my Cinescopes personality type, I imposed some criteria.  Firstly, I elected to exclude any film I did not then own on DVD.  My reasoning was that if I hadn't seen fit to spend the money to include it in our library--which includes a lot of things that we only bought because they were dirt cheap--then it wasn't that important to me.  Secondly, I excluded franchise films.  As a big geek, it would be too easy and too tempting to fill the list with James Bond, Star Trek and Star Wars titles.  Rather than deal with that level of scrutiny, I sidestepped it altogether and excluded these outright.

Recently, I've become very interested in possibly "going Blu" by year's end.  The first question, of course, is which titles are upgrade-worthy, and which are ones I would be content to leave on DVD?  This "desert island" approach got me to re-evaluate my Top Ten Favorite Films list, and of course, once you've done that, it's a stone's throw away from an updated Cinescope.  The new list, in alphabetical order, is:
  • Batman (1989) - Chosen Adventurer, Existential Savior
  • Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) - Loyal Warrior, Passionate Maverick
  • Eyes Wide Shut (1999) - Existential Savior, Rebellious Lover
  • Glory (1989) - Loyal Warrior, Passionate Maverick
  • Jurassic Park (1993) - Chosen Adventurer
  • Lawrence of Arabia (1962) - Chosen Adventurer, Passionate Maverick
  • The Matador (2005) - Destined Hunter, Dedicated Idealist, Loyal Warrior
  • Tombstone (1994) - Destined Hunter, Passionate Maverick
  • The Transformers: The Movie (1986) - Chosen Adventurer*
  • The Wizard of Oz (1939) - Existential Savior, Magical Creator, Loyal Warrior
My current Cinescopes personality type?  Chosen Adventurer!

No comments:

Post a Comment