27 August 2007

Rolling Stone's Coolest Albums of All Time

While in ear-X-tacy this afternoon, I saw a poster that reprinted a Rolling Stone cover that included their list of the "Coolest Albums of All Time."  So, naturally, going along with my list hunting & gathering, I have found the list and repost here the top 20 of the 50.

1. Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat
2. Rolling Stones - Aftermath
3. James Brown - Live at the Apollo
4. Chuck Berry - The Great Twenty-Eight
5. Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
6. Blondie - Parallel Lines
7. Aretha Franklin - Spirit in the Dark
8. Massive Attack - Protection
9. Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis
10. The Beatles - Revolver
11. Sly & the Family Stone - Fresh
12. Pavement - Wowee Zowee!
13. Steely Dan - Countdown to Ecstasy
14. Prince - 1999
15. Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding
16. Bjork - Vespertine
17. Various - Heavyweight Sound: Blood and Fire Sampler
18. Otis Redding - The Otis Redding Dictionary of Soul
19. Eric B. & Rakim - Paid in Full
20. Chic - Real People


Hey, look!  I don't own ANY of the coolest albums!  I would like to give a shout out to Merle Haggard, though, for placing 42 with "Songs I'll Always Sing."  Not even the mythically revered J.R. Cash placed an album on this list.  And I thought for sure At Folsom Prison would be on there.  Hell, I expected it to be among the top three.  I certainly never expected it to not even be among the top 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment