14 January 2009

Midnights at the Baxter

Cinephiles living in or near Louisville ought to take a moment to give thanks for having Baxter Avenue Theaters.  For two full years now, they have run a biweekly midnight screening of cult favorites and this continues into 2009.  I will update their schedule in this blog, but you really ought to become their friend on MySpace.  (Sorry, they're not on Facebook.)  The lineup so far:

10 January The Crow
24 January The Road Warrior
31 January The Shining
14 February Amelie
28 February The Blues Brothers
14 March Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
11 April The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension
25 April Being John Malkovich
9 May The Shawshank Redemption
30 May Double Feature: Sixteen Candles and Ferris Bueller's Day Off

More as they're announced, but I have a sneaking suspicion I know where I'll be come midnight on 14 March....  Cowabunga!

1 comment:

  1. I AM SO GOING TO SEE THE BLUES BROTHERS!!! Now who's with me?!?

    ReplyDelete