13 October 2008

This Blogger Spon--Owned by Gillette

If The Joker ever gets hold of the Gillette manufacturing facility, I'm screwed.  I count no fewer than seven of their products in my bathroom: Gillette Fusion razor (Power), Gillette Fusion HydraGel (Ultra-Sensitive), Gillette Oil-Control Face Wash + Body Wash, Gillette Gentle Clean Shampoo + Body Wash, Gillette Dry Skin Hydrator + Body Wash, Gillette Hydrating Conditioner and Gillette Clear Gel (Wild Rain).  I should point out that I bought the Dry Skin Hydrator + Body Wash because I have almost finished off using the Oil-Control Face Wash + Body Wash and wanted to try each of these new body washes.  I have an oily face, but the rest of my skin tends to dry out; I have since begun using the oil control stuff on my face and the hydrating one for the rest of me.  Once I kill off the Shampoo + Body Wash, I will likely move on to one of their shampoos proper; there are several, including one to make your hair still look thick and full at the end of a long day and one to combat dandruff.  I'm thinning out on top, but I often have flakes; which to choose?

For me, I don't find being Gillette's brandwhore that bad.  They consistently bring new products to the market that work well for me.  Their track record is one of consistent quality, and while I hear good things about other men's hygiene products, I just can't find it in me to stray.  Sorry, Dial for Men--your stuff is good, but now that Gillette is producing hair care and body wash, I don't really need you anymore.  Now, according to their website they've got a soothing after-shave balm and gel I need to try....

3 comments:

  1. Dude, this is the girliest post I have ever read.

    How's your vagina?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Gillette made vaginal products, it would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incidentally, the tally is now up to eight! Yesterday, my wife found me the Gillette HydraSoothe After Shave Balm at Walgreen's.

    ReplyDelete